Your website could potentially be losing your business. There are many reasons customers may choose not to buy from your business because of your website, and the main one being that customers cannot find your site through search engines. Long story short, a mediocre site will not impress business clients, customers or even your competition and it could be costing you in sales dollars.
Here are just a few statistics to consider when you are thinking of updating your outdated website:
1. An outdated site not only makes you look unprofessional, but it also gives an immediate bad first impression.
"75% of website visitors admit to drawing conclusions about a company's credibility based on their website's design."
2. If you are not using correct Search Engine Optimization techniques or your site is not mobile friendly, you're losing viewers .
"70% of mobile searches result in an online action within an hour of the search being conducted."
3. People are less likely to spend time on your website if it is user-unfriendly or hard to navigate.
"46% of mobile users reports having difficulty interacting with a web page, and 44% complain that navigation was difficult."
4. Your website should be able to move between pages fairly quickly.
"A single second delay in your website loading time can result in a 7% loss in conversation, and 40% of web users will abandon a website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load."
5. Mobile Optimization is just as important as your desktop appearance.
"48% of users believe that a business with a site that doesn't work well on mobile phones doesn't care about their customers."
6. Your site must have strong and present calls-to-action.
"57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog." That's pretty hard to do without any conversation points or drives to get them to contact you.
As a small business, we have been through this with our own website. We tested the waters on ourselves to know what works the best and what doesn't work at all when it comes to web design and SEO tactics. Having a clean, functional and integrated website is something that your business CANNOT go without. If you need a website, or need to update your current website call us today! We will be happy to discuss your options and get your business on the right track.